Baan Tawan Chai
Laem Set, Koh Samui, Thailand
4 br, 4 ba (4 Ensuite), Pool
Maid service: twice daily
4 Double Bed
35 minute drive to airport
15 minute to restaurant
15 minute to town
Air conditioned bedrooms, Alfresco dining, Baby crib, DVD player, Internet - ADSL, Outdoor shower , Satellite television
LIMITED TIME PROMOTION:
Discount: Regularly listed rates will be reduced by 20% and will include a car hire. This promotion is applicable on full villa bookings for travel dates until June 30, 2013 excluding February 8 - 17, 2013 and March 24 – April 7, 2013. Minimum nights apply.
Each promotion is only applicable to new reservations made after the start of the promotion and cannot be combined with any other promotion unless specified. Please contact us for more terms and conditions. Note that promotions listed on this site remain at the discretion of the applicable property owner and may be changed or discontinued at any time.
The charming Baan Tawan Chai truly represents the peaceful lifestyle of living on a tropical island. Being situated alone and on an excellent flat and wide beach this property leads you to believe that you could be the only people on the island.
A sliding gateway opens into a small corner landscaped garden and driveway. Stepping stones and a few small steps lead you up to where the property opens out and reveals its beautiful and private central courtyard with swimming pool and sala.
Three separate pavilions make up the property and each looks out onto the central area and across the gardens to the beach and the ocean beyond. The first pavilion sits at the rear of the property facing through the grounds to the beach and houses a very comfortable open-plan lounge, dining area and kitchen. Furnished with a mixture of natural material such as water-hyacinth, teak and colorful soft furnishings this room has a very homely feeling aided by the vaulted wooden beamed ceiling. Individual pieces of furniture add character, such as the hand-carved teak coffee table depicting a Thai jungle scene complete with elephants.
The fully fitted western kitchen occupies an alcove at the rear of the room and the dark wood units and chrome appliances make this a stylish and well equipped kitchen. Directly in front of this pavilion is an exquisitely manicured grassed area with decked areas for sun beds and ornate wooden lamps and ornaments.
To the right there’s an outdoor dining area and a planted area with a stone statue water feature. This links to an exceptionally well fitted outdoor kitchen and bar. This modern outdoor kitchen is similar in design to the indoor kitchen and is complemented by a reclaimed teak wagon-wheel fashioned into a bar. There’s a further lawn area, a reclaimed teak swing bench and another outdoor dining area.
In front of this is the second pavilion that houses two double, en-suite bedrooms and a further lounge area. The first double bedroom looks onto the pool and is nicely furnished and accessorized. The en-suite bathroom has both an indoor and an outdoor shower area.
The second double bedroom is a copy of the first and again it has been dressed exquisitely with colorful silks and artworks. At the front of the pavilion is a living area with comfortable sofas and seats, a large flat screen TV and incredible views over the garden, the beach and the sea. There’s a terrace at the front that also has seats from where you can relax and enjoy the peace of the location.
The blue-tiled pool sits in the centre of the courtyard and has a separate Jacuzzi. The pool also wraps around an exceptional tile-roofed sala feature which has stylish teak armchairs and a more contemporary, yet comfortable, chez-lounge.
Walking along the edge of the pool terrace brings you to the final pavilion. In here is the stunning master suite. A terrace at the front affords the views across the garden and the beach, and inside there’s a large bed dressed with Thai silks, a seating area with a coffee table and another chez-lounge. Modern Thai artwork adorns the wall above the bed and adds to the overall elegance of the room. In the large en-suite bathroom there’s an indoor and outdoor shower as well as a luxurious outdoor bathtub.
Set behind the master suite is a further well furnished and attractive double bedroom with en-suite bathroom which also features an indoor and outdoor shower. This is a particularly striking room with Thai artwork and silk throws and cushions all following an orange theme. The room is finished off with a sumptuous orange sofa facing out over the garden and pool.
To the front of the property stepping stones lead from the terraces of both the master suite and the living area across the expansive lawn and to the gate that accesses the beach. The whole front garden area is enclosed by natural screening of planted bamboo which provides privacy without affecting the natural beauty of the view. The beach is accessed via a bamboo gate and it is wide and flat. To the left is a peninsula of stunning natural rock formations adding to the privacy of this bay.
This is a well thought out and designed home in an exceptionally private and serene beachfront location. The landscaping with ornaments and tropical planting enhances the overall aesthetics of the property; the furnishings are a mix of natural materials, traditional Thai styling and some contemporary touches which, together with the beamed ceilings, gives the property a charming and comfortable almost country cottage feel. The outdoor kitchen and bar area together with the sala and the sizeable garden make this an ideal property for entertaining and enjoying the outdoor Samui lifestyle.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
Nicely furnished and accessorized double, en-suite bedroom, en-suite bathroom with both an indoor and an outdoor shower area and a view of the pool.
Nicely furnished and accessorized double en-suite bedroom, en-suite bathroom with both an indoor and an outdoor shower area and a view of the pool.
Master suite: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom which also features an in-door and outdoor shower, terrace with views across the garden and beach.
Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom which also features an in-door and outdoor shower
Features & Amenities
- Satellite TV and DVD player in living room
- Free Broadband Wi-Fi ADSL
- Baby cot
- Air-conditioning in bedrooms and living room
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Infinity private pool
- Pool deck with sala
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor kitchen and bar
- Landscaped gardens
- Stone statue water feature
- Teak swing bench
Staff & Services
- Maid service provided twice daily
- Bed linen is changed every third day, towels are changed as necessary
- Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
- Concierge service
- Daily continental breakfast
- Baby cots – subject to availability
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Car hire
- In-villa Spa services with extended menu
- Babysitting service on request and availability
- In-villa wine selection
- Thai chef available
- Additional bedding
- Airport transfers
- Maximum 8 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Easter and Chinese New Year bookings require a minimum stay of 7 nights
- Christmas or New Year bookings require a minimum stay of 7 nights. For bookings overlapping Christmas and New Year, a minimum of 10 nights is required
- Extra Beds will be charged regardless of the age of the Guests when occupancy is over villa allocation as specified above
- Car hire recommended
- Airport transfers are available at additional charge
- 35 minute drive from the Airport
- 15 minute drive from Lamai shopping centers and restaurants
- For any wedding and/or private party with attendance larger than 1.5 times the bedding capacity of the villas, the following is applicable:
- The Signature Collection: Premium of US$1,200 (subject to 7% tax)
- The Boutique Villas: Premium of US$600 (subject to 7% tax)
- A refundable guarantee deposit is required to cover any potential damage, payable on site
- A cleaning fee will be charged on site to the Guests depending on service provided by a professional sub-contractor
- The above premium are applicable per function for a duration of 24hrs (ie consecutive parties over several days will be eligible for multiple premium charges
- All villas can only accommodate a limited number of guests, depending on the property
Late Check-Out Terms & Conditions
- Normal check-out time is 10:30 am
- Late check-out until 3 pm as free service only if no incoming guest on the same day
- If late check-out until 6 pm is required, 50% of daily rental rate is to be charged (even if it is a free bonus night) whether to guarantee it before arrival or when decided on site
- If guests pay for late check-out and use the night when there is a check-in the following day, early check-in the day after is not possible and normal check-in/check-out hours apply
- All early check-in at no extra cost, only upon availability