Luberon, Provence, France
5 br, 4 ba (3 Ensuite), Pool
2 King Bed, 4 Twin Bed, 3 Twin Bed
20 minute drive to town
Barbecue, Dishwasher , Dryer, DVD player, Fireplace , Hammock, Internet - ADSL, Outdoor shower , Piano , Satellite television
Provence perfection on a Riverside Estate!
From your first glimpse of this cream washed façade with muted powder-blue shutters, Roman-tiled roofs, wrought iron balcony and a long terrace shaded by centuries-old plane trees, you will know this can be no place but Provence.
Originally a large mas (farmhouse) with a lofty adjoining barn, the house sits in the heart of an extensive 34 acre estate, traversed by a branch of The Sorgue River. Terracotta floors, the soft hues of walls finished in traditional chaux, and the mighty beams supporting the upper floors all evoke its traditional farmhouse origins. If you look beyond its ostensibly rustic feel you will find the latest conveniences, a large open plan living area and a kitchen with professional equipment.
On the exterior is an extensive garden with several seating areas, a traditional dry stone well house, an inviting pool and pool house. A little further you will find a couple of hammocks in a shaded area of the river bank, as well as an IPod music system concealed in the trees. There is even a garden swing for the young and young at heart.
This is an ideal location for exploring the treasures of Provence – historic towns, scenic villages, great local vintages, and artistic events. One can also stroll around the nearby mysterious cavernous pool of Fontaine de Vaucluse, hike and cycle.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
King Bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
King Bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower, Dressing room, Balcony and access from separate stairs
Three twin beds, shared bathroom (with No 4) tub and separate shower
Two Twin beds can be joined to make a king bed, shared bathroom with (with No 3), tub and separate shower
Two Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
Features & Amenities
- Games room with music centre
- Satellite TV
- Office with Internet access (ADSL)
- Two Washers
- Pool (19 meters x 5 meters)
- Garden showers
- Drystone well house
- Pool house with Refrigerator, Kitchen tools and Dishwasher
- IPod music system
- Garden swing
- House Keeping service is provided three times in the week as well as the weekend clean
- Towels are changed mid week
- Linens are changed on Saturdays
- Maximum Number of Guests: 11
- Children Welcome
- No Pets Allowed
- No Smoking in the Villa
- Security deposit to be held on credit card authorization by Luxury Retreats
- Guests are responsible for any phone charges incurred. Use of a credit or calling card is highly suggested.
- Check-in: 4:00-6:00 pm
- Check-out: 10am
- Arrivals on Sundays, Holidays, and late at night are generally not possible
- All rentals run from Saturday to Saturday
Car hire recommended
- 5 minutes from shops and services at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
- 10 minutes from Fontaine de Vaucluse
- 10 minutes from Pernes-Les-Fontaines
- 10 – 30 minutes from Luberon hilltop towns, including Gordes, Bonnieux, wine villages including Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas
- 20 minutes from major market town of Carpentras
- 20 minutes from historic Avignon
- Additional housekeeping services can be provided at ~ €15 per hour