La Belle de Crillon
Ventoux, Provence, France
6 br, 6 ba (6 Ensuite)
Gardener, Housekeeper , Manager, Poolkeeper
4 King Bed, 4 Twin Bed
Air-Conditioning, Alfresco dining, CD player, Central heating, Dryer, DVD player, Elevator, Fireplace , Library, Safe, Satellite television , Stereo, VCR, Washer
Step through the front door of this magnificent home and within moments you'll understand the reason for its name. The panoramic view of the Provençal sky, Mont Ventoux, and a sea of vineyards and orchards is stunning. Perched on a hillside in the small village of Crillon le Brave, it offers these views from every one of its six bedrooms and salons spread over 6000 sq ft of luxuriously-appointed living space.
In the Tour de France, the Mont Ventoux climb is rated for hors category in English, which roughly means Wow! In terms of style, luxury and amenities, La Belle Crillon is a definite High Class.
The spacious en-suite bedrooms could all pass for 5-star hotel suites. Elegant sitting rooms adorn each floor . Outside, the plunge pool is heated and the terraces are wrap-around. There is even an elevator connecting the four floors (ever-so handy when you forget your Herald Tribune upstairs). This property sleeps up to 12 guests in 6 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms (tubs and separate showers).
Note: all Twin beds can be configured as Kings. 1st floor powder room.
Perched (literally) on the edge of a sought-after hilltop village, the house offers picture postcard vistas from every floor, window, terrace and balcony of Mont Ventoux, vineyards, orchards and winding country roads. Proximity to a variety of activities is the piece de resistance - wine tastings, animated open-air markets, scenic villages and historic towns, shopping and antiques. Many excellent restaurants are local, including three in the village, just steps away.
First floor: bedroom 1 (King) with fireplace in sitting area, balcony, claw foot tub; bedroom 2 (Twins) with small sitting/TV room, balcony.
Second floor: bedroom 3 (King) with sitting area, fireplace, library; large bedroom 4 (Twins).
Top floor: bedroom 5 (King), dressing room, sitting room with fireplace, covered balcony; bedroom 6 (Twins), corner sitting area and views.
There are living rooms with fireplaces on each floor; a spacious main salon opening to terrace and pool and a professional-style kitchen with breakfast nook beside formal dining room (seating up to 20).
Outside lies a heated plunge pool (10'x20'). Terraces, balconies, outdoor dining. Panoramic views
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
Bedroom 1: Sleeps: 2, King bed, En-suite, Fireplace in sitting area, Balcony, Claw foot tub, Satellite TV , Direct-line telephones, Wall safes
Bedroom 2: Sleeps: 2, 2 Twin beds, En-suite, Small sitting/TV room, Balcony, Satellite TV , Direct-line telephones, Wall safes
Bedroom 3: Sleeps: 2, King bed, En-suite, Sitting area, Fireplace, Library, Satellite TV , Direct-line telephones, Wall safes
Bedroom 4: Sleeps: 2, 2 Twin beds, En-suite, Satellite TV , Direct-line telephones, Wall safes
Bedroom 5: Sleeps: 2, King bed, En-suite, Dressing room, Sitting room with fireplace, Covered balcony, Satellite TV , Direct-line telephones, Wall safes
Bedroom 6: Sleeps: 2, King bed, En-suite, Corner sitting area and views, Satellite TV , Direct-line telephones, Wall safes
Features & Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Well equipped kitchen
- CD player/ DVD player/ VCR
- Movie and music selections
- Internet access
- Heated plunge pool (10'x20')
- Alfresco dining
- Panoramic views
- Several services are included in the basic rental price:
- Full continental breakfast served daily anytime between 7:30 am - 10:30 am
- Daily housekeeping (4 hours per day)
- Linen service twice per week
- Pool cleaning and maintenance service
- Other maintenance if required (the property manager is located in the village) .
- Maximum Number of Guests: 12
- Children Welcome
- No Pets Allowed
- No Smoking in the Villa
- Security deposit to be held on credit card authorization by Luxury Retreats
- Heating for the villa is not included in the rental rate unless otherwise specified. When not included, heating will be charged based on usage upon check out
- Guests are responsible for any phone charges incurred. Use of a credit or calling card is highly suggested.
- Check-in: 4:00-6:00 pm
- Check-out: 10am
- Arrivals on Sundays, Holidays, and late at night are generally not possible
- All rentals run from Saturday to Saturday
- Please inquire for special rates for smaller parties of 8 or 10 guests
Guests generally arrive in Paris at Charles de Gaulle airport (CDG) and transfer to the high speed TGV train headed for Avignon (approx. 2h40m). Once in Avignon, a car hire is suggested to drive to the villa.
Other options include flying into Marseille (MRS) or Nice (NCE) and then renting a car.
There is also a small airport in Avignon that has some flights from London and can also accommodate private jets
- La Belle de Crillon is located on a hillside in Crillon le Brave, a charming village in one of the most beautiful areas of Provence. The village is just 40 kilometers northeast of Avignon and due east of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, and just over an hour from the airports at Marseille and Nîmes. The village is also home to Hostellerie de Crillon le Brave, a well-known Relais and Chateaux hotel
- Carpentras (20min)
- Roman antiquities at Vaison-la-Romaine & Orange; antiques market at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (30min)
- Avignon (45min)