Chianti Area, Tuscany, Italy
3 br, 3 ba (3 Ensuite)
Maid service: 5 days a week
2 Double Bed, 2 Twin Bed
6 km to shopping
6 km to town
6 minute drive to grocery store
Alfresco dining, Fireplace , Jacuzzi bath , TV
This very special property is located in on the edge of Castello di San Donato in Perano, a beautiful hamlet which has recently been restored to such a high standard that it was awarded by the International Property Awards. Cavalcanti’s position allows the guests to enjoy unusual privacy compared to other units on the Estate yet take full advantage of the shared gardens and swimming pool and the shop selling local products.
Castello di San Donato in Perano is set in one of the most spectacular positions of Tuscany, in the heart of the Chianti region between the historical villages of Radda and Gaiole in Chianti. The hamlet boasts a central position among the 360 hectares of vineyards belonging to the Estate and is composed of a castle dating back to the 10th century and a church along with several other buildings.
The discerning owners, who previously owned another farmhouse of very high standard in Chianti, recently made the decision to purchase Cavalcanti for its extraordinary beauty. They have furnished the interiors at the highest possible standard and equipped it with all modern facilities.
A particular feature of Cavalcanti is the beautiful terrace and garden where guests can appreciate the most stunning views of the surrounding countryside when simply relaxing outdoors or having al fresco meals under the well furnished pergola. The maid is also an excellent cook and is available to prepare meals upon request.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
Bedroom 1: Double Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Master bedroom with a four poster bed, En-suite Jacuzzi bath and separate shower, Walk in wardrobe
Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, Sleeps 2, Master bedroom with a four poster bed, En-suite Jacuzzi bath and separate shower
Bedroom 3: Sleeps: 2, Twin bedroom, En-suite bathroom
Features & Amenities
- Large sitting room opens to front terrace
- Kitchen opens to front terrace
- Shared Pool - 15x8 meters
- Alfresco dining
- Maid service is included 2/3 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Maid is also an excellent cook and can prepare meals on request
- Maximum 6 guests
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Villa
- No pets are allowed
- Required security deposit of 1000€ is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES - Clients must arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and leave before 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating costs are not included in the price and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
Transfers are available
LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS - MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties
- Gaiole in Chianti (nearest village with PO, bank) 6 kms
- Siena 28 kms
- San Gimignano 40 kms
- Florence 60 kms