Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
3 br, 3 ba, Pool
2 Double Bed, 2 Twin Bed
35 km to airport
25 km to beach
5 km to shopping
Barbecue, CD player, DVD player, Fireplace , Stereo, 2 TV, Washer
Casa Fiora is a charming farmhouse situated in S. Maria Albiano which is high in the hills that divide Lucca from the Versilian coast. The owners completed restoration of the property in 2004, and the result is a very cosy and welcoming country style residence. The farmhouse fully reflects its Tuscan traditions with a careful preservation of the wood beam ceilings and the antique terracotta floors. Casa Fiora has two panoramic terraces that are ideal for dining “al fresco”. One of the terraces faces the swimming pool; the other is on the opposite side of the farmhouse, so there is always a shady area during the day. The lovely swimming pool is placed in a superb position overlooking the surrounding hills and valleys. Casa Fiora is located only a few meters from “La Sorgente.” The two properties can be rented together for groups up to 18 people.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
- 1 Bathroom (shower only)
- Bedroom 1: Sleeps 2, Double bedroom
- Bedroom 2: Sleeps 2, Double bedroom
- Bedroom 3: Sleeps 2, Twin bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms, one with shower only.
Features & Amenities
- 2 TV’s
- DVD player
- Stereo / CD player
- Washing machine
- 3 Telephones
- Al fresco dining
- Swimming pool (8 x 4 m) – unheated
- Pool depth – 1.20 m
- Access to pool – Ladder
- Distance from Pool to House – 3 m
- 4 x Loungers
- 2 x Sun chairs
- Pool towels – Yes
- 1 Umbrella
- Maid service is included 6 hours a week
- Dogs Allowed
- Non-Smoking Villa
- Gas, linen (changed at least weekly) and final cleaning are included in rates
- Extra change of linens ~€20 per person
- Laundry service ~€10/hour
- Babysitting service ~€10/hour
- Pre-stocking fees of ~€5
- Cooking service: on request
- Additional maid service ~€10/hour
- All rentals from Saturday to Saturday
- Required security deposit of 750€ is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES - Clients must arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and leave before 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
Transfers are available
LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS - MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.
- Nearest Major Airport – Pisa Galileo Galilei (PSA) – approx. 35 KM
- San Martino in Freddana (nearest village with shops, bank and post office) – 5 KM
- Lucca (town and motorway exit) – 11 KM
- Versilia beaches - 25 KM
- Coffee machine (filter/cappuccino)
- Immersion Blender
- Juice maker
- 1 Baby cot
- Baby cot linen - Yes
- 1 High chair
- 3 x Fans
- Mosquito nets available
- Free firewood