Tenuta Di Seripa
Livorno Area, Tuscany, Italy
9 br, 9.5 ba (9 Ensuite), Pool
Concierge, Maid service: daily except Sunday, Manager
Double Bed - Twins Pushed Together, 8 Double Bed
80 km to airport
20 km to beach
35 km to ferry
3 km to grocery store
3 km to town
Air-Conditioning, 3 Baby crib, Barbecue, CD player, Computer, DVD player, Radio, Satellite television , Washer
One of Tuscany's best kept secrets is the beautiful valley sheltering this recently renovated 18th century farm house, a villa retaining all the charm and delight of its past combined with updated comfort. As you enter Tenuta di Seripa, only 3km from the quaint town of Sassetta, you are irresistibly attracted to the beautiful light, space and panoramic views in every direction - a place of peace and quiet where you can breathe in the truly natural atmosphere.
Tenuta di Seripa is an estate of almost 100 hectares of secluded valley, one of the most beautiful landscapes of the Maremma coastline in western Tuscany.
Lovers of fine food and wines will be delighted to taste the typical regional cuisine, seasonally changing, based principally on local agriculture and fishing, the best Mediterranean cooking can offer.
Surrounded by nearly 3 hectares of beautiful private gardens, Tenuta di Seripa is an ideal place for family reunions and small weddings, meetings, workshops, cooking schools etc. Guests enjoy deluxe comfort and modern amenities, all in the privacy of a typical Tuscan home.
In summer, the nearby Mediterranean sea affords day trips to the beautiful islands of Pianosa, Capraia and Monte Cristo.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
MAIN VILLA – GROUND FLOOR
- Bedroom 1
Double bed, En suite bathroom, Access to garden
- Bedroom 2 Double bed, En suite bathroom, Access to garden
- Bedroom 32 Twin beds, En suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4 Double bed, En suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5 Double bed, En suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6 Double bed, En suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 7 (“Honeymoon Suite”) Double bed, En suite bathroom with jacuzzi tub, Access to the sun terrace
- Bedroom 8Double bed, En suite bathroom, Kitchenette
- Bedroom 9Double bed, En suite bathroom, Kitchenette
Features & Amenities
- DVD player
- CD Player
- Sky TV (Satellite)
- Wireless Internet connection – 640k
- Dining Room Table – seats 20
- Bar corner
- Telephone (upon request)
- 3 Baby cots available (upon request)
- Washing machine
- Ice cube maker
- Professional slicer
- Professional Espresso machine with double cups, steam and boiling water
- American coffee maker
- Wine Fridge (up to 100 bottles)
- Movement sensors for lights (automatically switch on the lights in the hallway upon leaving the bedrooms)
- Pool (16m x 8m; 1.6m deep; lit at night)
- Pool towels
- Ping pong table
- Al fresco dining
- Normal use of utilities (electricity, air conditioning, heating)
- Daily maid service (4 hours, 6 days/week)
- Bed and bath linen changed weekly
- Pool Cleaner
- Villa Manager
- Welcome dinner included on night of arrival
- Maximum 18 guests
- Children welcome
- Pets are not allowed
- Non-smoking villa
- Security deposit to be held on credit card authorization by Luxury Retreats
- All services not included in rates are to be paid locally.
- Check-in: After 4pm (late arrivals must be arranged in advance and may be subject to additional charges)
- Check-out: Before 10am
- Car hire recommended
- Transport available
- 3 KM to Sasseta
- 20 KM to San Vincenzo Beach
- 40 KM to golf course
- 65 KM to Livorno
- 80 KM to Pisa Galileo Galilei Airport (PSA)
- 90 KM to Pisa
- 100 KM to Siena
- 150 KM to Florence
- 260 KM to Rome
Very picturesque and remote, located on a forested hill-top overlooking the forests and rolling Tuscan countryside, with views to Monteverdi and Monterotondo, the villa is five minutes drive from the small hamlet of Sassetta. This hilltop hamlet offers basic amenities including a couple of restaurants, a café, bank, chemist, tobacconists, post office and petrol station (close to the Carabinieri just out of town). There is also the bottega alimentari (for general stores) and panificio for bread. Sassetta is the gateway to the local regional park on the edge of the Val Cornia, on the wine route. The area is popular with cyclists thanks to the clean air, quiet roads, and hill breezes that moderate the summer’s heat. The woods are also popular with hunters in the winter, and ideal for trekking and mountain biking (not hunting season).
Trekking by foot, on horse or mountain biking – an extensive trail of paths is easily accessible from the villa through the extensive natural park in which the villa is located. The area is also popular with cyclists because of the clean air.
Tuscan wines – just over 6km away are some of Italy’s most famous wine makers. A visit to the town of Bolgheri, and a fascinating tour can be arranged to find out more about Sassicaia and the other Super Tuscan wines made here. The villa lies on the wine route between Bolgheri and the Val di Cornia.
The Island of Elba – just over 30 minutes away regular ferries leave the port of Piombino for the lovely island of Elba, an easy day trip from the villa. For an extra special day, a private boat can be arranged, or a yacht hired if you are a keen sailor.
Gambero Rosso – one of Italy’s best restaurants is located close by in the seaside resort of San Vicenzo. But if you do not want to pay Gambero Rosso prices, you will find other excellent restaurants serving both sea food and traditional Tuscan meat dishes.
Beaches – the Tuscan coastline below Sassetta boasts sandy beaches, such as that at Baratta, which sits in a protected cove.
Cultural attractions – close by it is possible to visit the Etruscan remains below Alta Populonia, and several of the pretty hill top towns such as Suvereto. Within an hour you can reach the lovely hill top towns of Volterra and San Gimignano. Day trips can also be made to Siena, Pisa and of course Florence.
Other possible activities in the area includeWine tasting tours (Brunello, Chianti, San Gimignano, etc...)