Chianti Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 5 ba (3 Ensuite)
2 Double Bed, 2 French Bed , 4 Twin Bed
3 km to shopping
Barbecue, CD player, Dryer, Fireplace , Jacuzzi bath , Satellite television , Stereo, VCR, Washer
This exquisitely restored farmhouse is situated in one of the most beautiful positions, right in the heart of Chianti Classico. From its secluded position the views are absolutely stunning, with all the windows framing a picture of the lovely Tuscan countryside at its best. The spacious interiors have been restored to a very high standard, in an authentic Tuscan style and tastefully furnished with ethnic furnishings and antiques. The living areas all open via French windows onto the garden on one side and an internal patio on the other, making the rooms very light and airy. In the patio there is a lovely vine-covered pergola with marble table, ideal for “al fresco” dining. To the front of the house, the furnished terraces provide the perfect spot for enjoying the magnificent views. On this side, there is a pathway leading to the beautiful swimming pool with overflow effect, in a particularly panoramic position. The pool has a large shallow end for children. To the rear of the property, is a converted barn where the housekeeper lives. Resident cat at the property.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
- Bedroom 1: Sleeps 2, Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Sleeps 2, Double bedroom with 4-poster bed
- Bedroom 3: Sleep 1, Bedroom with French bed (with own exit via a stairway to the garden)
- Bedroom 4: Sleeps 1, Tower bedroom (up a narrow “ladder” staircase) with french bed and wonderful views
- Bedroom 5: Sleeps 2, Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: Sleeps 2, Large master bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom
Features & Amenities
- Washer / Dryer
- Satellite TV
- Stereo / CD player
- 1 Telephone
- Al fresco dining
- Swimming pool (15 x 5 m) – unheated
- Pool depth – 3 m ca.
- NOT fenced
- Access to pool – Steps
- Distance from Pool to House – 25 m
- 6 x Loungers
- 4 x Sun chairs
- Pool towels – Yes
- 1 Umbrella
- Maid service is included 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Dogs Allowed
- Non-Smoking Villa
- Required security deposit of 1000€ is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES - Clients must arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and leave before 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 100 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
Transfers are available
LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS - MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.
- Lucarelli (nearest shops) – 3 KM
- Panzano (nearest village with bank and post office) – 7 KM
- Radda in Chianti – 11 KM
- Florence – 50 KM
- Siena – 40 KM
- Coffee machine (filter)
- Juice maker
- 1 Baby Cot
- 1 High chair
- 4 Mosquito nets available