Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
7 br, 7 ba (7 Ensuite)
4 Double Bed, 6 Twin Bed
37 km to airport
45 km to beach
2 km to shopping
Barbecue, CD player, Fireplace , Satellite television , Stereo, VCR, Washer
This villa is a 16th century house, located near Segromigno in Monte, originally belonged to the Buonvisi family and it is part of the Fattoria Mansi Bernardini estate. In recent years, restoration work has been done, without detracting from the original character of the house. The ancient cotto floors, beamed ceilings and old fireplaces have all been preserved. The rooms are spacious and very light and tastefully furnished with antiques. In the huge kitchen, there is a beautiful big fireplace, thus making Buonvisi suitable and comfortable also for winter holidays. The property also has a particularly large, flat garden on three sides of the villa, with several shaded areas. To the front of the villa there is the swimming pool with views over the plain of Lucca below. The house has satellite TV, DVD and hi-fi system. The maid who takes care of the villa is also an excellent cook and on request will cook local dishes for clients. A tennis court is available on the estate. The office of Fattoria Mansi Bernardini, with English speaking staff, is at clients' disposal to give assistance.
There are dogs on-site that cannot be kenneled.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
- Bedroom 1: Sleeps 2, Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Sleeps 2, Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Sleeps 2, Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Sleeps 2, Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Sleeps 2, Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: Sleeps 2, Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 7: Sleeps 2, Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Features & Amenities
- Satellite TV
- Stereo / CD player
- Internet and Fax available at reception
- Tennis court
- Washing machine
- 6 Telephones
- Al fresco dining
- Swimming pool (10 x 5 m) – unheated
- Pool depth – 1 / 2.60 m
- NOT fenced
- Access to pool – Ladder
- Distance from Pool to House – 10 m
- 8 x Loungers
- 10 x Sun chairs
- Pool towels – Yes
- Included 2 hours per day, 5 days per week for general cleaning and laundry for the guests
- Dogs allowed on request only - there are dogs already on-site
- Non-Smoking Villa
- Electricity, gas, linen (changed at least weekly) and final cleaning are included in rates
- Extra change of linen: ~€5 per person
- Laundry service: Included
- Babysitting service: ~€18/hour
- Pre-stocking ~€20
- Cooking service: ~€15/hour (~€17/hour during the holidays)
- Additional maid service ~€10/hour
- Required security deposit of 1500€ is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES - Clients must arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and leave before 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 100 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
Transfers are available
LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS - MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.
- Nearest Major Airport – Pisa Galileo Galilei (PSA) – approx. 37 KM
- Segromigno Monte (nearest shops/post office) – 2 KM
- Capannori (motorway exit) – 10 KM
- Lucca – 12 KM
- Florence – 60 KM
- Forte dei Marmi (beaches) - 45 KM
- Coffee machine (filter + mocha)
- Juice maker
- 1 Baby cot
- Baby cot linen - Yes
- 1 High chair
- Fans available